I haven’t received the “Whipple Clips” this morning, so here’s my own dozen top Virginia news headlines for today.
1. Virginia governor meets resistance
2. McDonnell gets Metro board seat
3. U-Va. gets $2.7M for Rotunda repairs
4. Fairfax schools are right to relax extreme discipline policies
5. Obama says shutdown would be ‘inexcusable’
6. Candidate Kaine: I’m nobody’s pawn
7. Virginia not applying for federal funds for high-speed rail
8. Delegates OK plan for House redistricting
9. How might a shutdown of the federal government affect you?
10. Virginia lawmakers OK limits on abortion coverage
11. McDonnell Civil War proclamation condemns slavery
12. Former Va. Gov. Kaine defends request to send ex-diplomat’s son, convicted killer to Germany
UPDATE: And one more — Dulles Airport to get underground Metro station
P.S. Also, here’s Arlington County Board member Walter Tejada’s reelection speech from last night’s Arlington County Democratic Committee meeting. Video of Barbara Favola’s announcement for the 31st State Senate district is on the “flip.” Finally, Alexandria City Council member Rob Krupicka’s announcement for the 30th State Senate district is on the “flip.” (technical problems now fixed)