Thanks to Tom Whipple for the Friday “Clips.”
1. MCDONNELL TO APPEAR ON MEET THE PRESS
2. OBAMA CALLS MCDONNELL TO EXPRESS CONDOLENCES OVER STORM DEATHS
3. BOLLING ABSENT FROM SENATE; UNDERGOING MEDICAL PROCEDURE
4. SENATE BREAKS REDISTRICTING STALEMATE
8. QUAYLE DOESN’T WANT TO RETIRE
10. VA. BEACH KEEPS TWO SEATS IN NEW SENATE PROPOSAL
15. NORTHERN VIRGINIA GETS THREE NEW JUDGES
16. HURT SAYS HE SUPPORTS RYAN BUDGET PLAN
21. VIRGINIA TECH GETS THREE DONATIONS TOTALING $45 MILLION
23. VITA: ANOTHER GLITCH
30. SEVERE WEATHER KILLS FIVE IN VA.
32. VIRGINIA AND FEDS CLASH OVER OYSTER RESTORATION
33. METRO: BUDGET GAP SHRINKS AS RIDERSHIP EXPECTATIONS IMPROVE
UPDATE: Some pointed criticism by David Nir on the Daily Kos “front page” of Virginia’s redistricting cluster**** :
Well, it sure sounds like the Democrats have caved on the Virginia Senate map. A deal is reportedly done, and the key changes are summarized by the Richmond Times-Dispatch as follows…
…Also, the idiot Democrats in the House voted yet again for the newest Republican gerrymander (which makes mostly cosmetic changes). How stupid are these people? You don’t [f***ing] vote for the other side’s gerrymander. I mean, it was one thing to act like this the first time around, when it appeared a multi-way deal was in place. But now these schmucks are like chickens voting to elect Col. Sanders. Hope you enjoy getting dipped in 11 herbs and spices and getting deep-fried to your doom, morans.
Anyone here disagree with this?