Home Virginia Politics Open Thread: Virginia Primary Election Day 2011

Open Thread: Virginia Primary Election Day 2011

264
18
SHARE

Please feel free to use this as an open thread for today’s primary elections. What are you seeing and hearing?  Please let us know in the comments section. I just voted about an hour ago at GMU Law School in Arlington. My wife and I were #27 and #28. Go Jaime! Go Theo! Go Janet!

Also interesting: 56% of Blue Virginia readers who voted in our poll think that Rob Krupicka will win the 30th State Senate district primary, while 40% say Adam Ebbin will pull it out. Only 4% believe that Libby Garvey will be the Democratic nominee in the 30th State Senate district.

In the 31st State Senate district, 54% of Blue Virginia readers who voted in our poll think that Jaime Areizaga-Soto will win today. The other 46% think that 31st district Democrats will make a huge mistake and nominate an extremely weak, flawed candidate, known for yelling at her constituents, taking money from the towing industry 5 days before voting to raise their rates, breaking her pledge not to take money from the real estate industry while serving on the Board, lying about her opponent (e.g., calling him a Republican who worked in the Bush Administration, both of which are utterly false), and being a gaffe machine (for a month or two, she called herself a “Supervisor” when there’s no Board of Supervisors in Arlington), etc.

UPDATE: Republicans are wondering and hoping, “Do they put Caren Merrick in the Senate by nominating Favola?”

  • totallynext

    Not one Krupricka sign at the polling locations….

    Whitman – now Riverside (Adam volunteer with sample ballots, signs)  One Libby sign

    Westgate – only Libby sign (one)

    Woodley – Adam volunteer with sample ballots, signs

    No sign of Libby or Rob period!

    As I mentioned in a previous thread – Adam has worked the new portion of the 30th in Mt. Vernon on the ground – the others zero!

  • independent in arlington

    The voting location had moved from last year, but there were enough signs so that finding the new location was not difficult.  When I joked with the election workers about whether they were hoping “to get at least 37 voters today,” they said they were already past that, and hoped to reach triple digits.  I guess we’ll see.  Theo Stamos had a volunteer outside, and there was a table for the Arlington County Democrats.

  • Bwana

    …”that Favola woman will do anything to scare voters!”