( – promoted by lowkell)
My name is Jack Dobbyn (Facebook); I’m a father, a husband, a small businessman and the Democratic nominee for Delegate in the 42nd District. To tell you a little more about who I am and what my values are, I have posted a video on here along with this post and I wanted Blue Virginia readers to be the first to see it. I also wanted to tell you all WHY I’m running for Delegate. The answer is simple: Fairfax County can do better.
I’m running for Delegate:
- Because I believe that women’s health care, and a woman’s right to choose, shouldn’t be subject to the whims of politicians.
- Because its time our delegate stood with working people.
- Because I believe that bringing more and better jobs to Virginia means making sure our schools get what they need to provide a top-notch education for our kids (both of mine will go to Washington Mill Elementary like I did when they are old enough).
- Because I believe we shouldn’t be courting tragedy by allowing guns in bars.
- Because I believe that holding elected office shouldn’t be a way of enriching yourself.
They may not be complicated reasons, but they are all areas where my opponent, Dave Albo, is failing at his job. In Fairfax, Dave does a great job sounding reasonable; but in Richmond, his record says something very different.
In Richmond, Dave voted to ban all funding for Planned Parenthood even though he knows that it’s a vital source of health care for women. He’s voted for hundreds of millions of dollars in cuts to Virginia schools. He’s fought against closing the gun show loophole and against preventing people from bringing guns in to bars even if the bar owner objects to armed patrons. He’s even said he disagrees with “100%” of what organized labor stands for. He was the chief supporter of the abusive driver fees law that his own law practice stood to profit from – getting people out of obscene traffic tickets he created with the new law.
We all know that “Albo Must Go” and we all know that this is going to be a tough race. That’s why I need your help. We need you to volunteer to help us canvass and call voters to get our message out and, yes, we need your financial support as well. Please visit our website at www.jackdobbyn.com, get the latest news and photos on Facebook and please consider volunteering, giving and spreading the word. We can do this, but we can’t do it without your help.