Home 2012 races Willard “Mitt” Romney: The “Bain” of Our Existence? GOP Super PAC Says...

Willard “Mitt” Romney: The “Bain” of Our Existence? GOP Super PAC Says Yes in New Video.

225
1
SHARE



As the Republican-Super PAC-sponsored website, “When Mitt Romney Came to Town”, explains:

Capitalism made America great – free markets, innovation, hard work – the building blocks of the American Dream. But in the wrong hands some of those dreams can turn into nightmares. This film is about one raider and his firm and how they destroyed that dream for thousands of Americans and their families – Mitt Romney and Bain Capital.

In short, Willard “Mitt” Romney got himself into the top 0.1% in terms of wealth, at the expense of the other 99.9% of Americans. Specifically, the full-length video (to be released shortly) argues, Romney got rich in large part “at the expense of tens of thousands of American employees at four companies…UniMac, K.B. Toys, DDI and AmPad.” Predictably, Romney tries to hide from his past by claiming that any investigation into it is a nefarious attempt to “try and put free enterprise on trial.” In reality, what Romney did has very little to do with “free enterprise,” and everything to do with the worst aspects of crony capitalism and out-of-control greed. What’s ironic here is that a fellow Republican is attacking him for being a charter member of the “I’ve got mine so F.U.” party. I mean, isn’t Ayn Randian/sociopathic “virtue of selfishness”/”greed is good” the core belief of the Republican’t Party these days?

P.S. Speaking of Willard, he’s also a pathological liar, once again demonstrated in this morning’s Meet the Press debate.

  • Elaine in Roanoke

    I wonder if the Richard Gere character in the movie Pretty Woman was based on Willard Romney’s career at Bain…the character that Gere was before love came his way. Both guys swooped in and bought up struggling or under-capitalized businesses, leveraged the businesses even further into debt by the acquisition, sold off any profitable parts and closed the rest down, destroying jobs in the process. The only difference is that Gere’s character was fictional, and so was the suffering he caused in his quest for money. Willard “Mitt” Romney was, and is, very real.