Looks like Donald Trump’s campaign of hate, bigotry, divisiveness, lying, more lying, lots more lying, demagoguery, even more lying, trickle-down economics, slander, etc. isn’t working very well in Virginia. That is, if you’re not one of those right wingnuts who spends his or her days “unskewing” polls to make them somehow show your candidate – Romney in 2012, Trump in 2016 – miraculously winning where they’re actually losing. Anyway, good luck unskewing this new NBC/WSJ/Marist poll of Virginia, which finds:
- President Obama’s approval among registered Virginia voters: 52%-42% (+10 points)
- Clinton-Kaine crushing Trump-Pence 46%-33% (+13 points) in a head-to-head matchup.
- Adding in third-party candidates, Clinton-Kaine still lead Trump-Pence by 12 points, the same margin as a recent CBS News poll found in Virginia. So much for the CBS News poll being an “outlier,” apparently!
- That 12-point margin, by the way, is up from a 7-point margin in July. A 5-point gain in one month? I’ll take it!
- Neither Clinton nor Trump are particularly popular among Virginian registered voters, although Trump takes it to another level of unpopularity, at 66%-29% UNfavorable.
- Despite Trump’s continued lies about Tim Kaine, it looks like Kaine is VERY popular among Virginia registered voters, at 54%-32% (+22 points)!
- In contrast, Mike Pence is barely above water, at 37%-33% (+4 points) favorable among Virginia registered voters.
Anyway, as I said, I can’t wait for the excuses and desperate “unskewing” from Trump and his rabid supporters, not just in Virginia but also in Florida (Clinton +5 points), North Carolina (Clinton +9 points), and Colorado (Clinton +14 points). To paraphrase Trump, “many people are saying that he’s toast.” LOL