From the Mark Herring for AG campaign:
Herring Launches Reelection Campaign With Web Video Highlighting Accomplishments
Richmond – Today, Attorney General Mark Herring launched his reelection campaign with a brand new web video highlighting many of his accomplishments since taking office, in particular, his leadership role in Virginia’s response to the heroin and opioid epidemic, his defense of the Chesapeake Bay cleanup plan, and his work on behalf of Virginia veterans, military families, and consumers.
“If you like a challenge, if you know when you see a problem that you’ve got to go to work on it and fix it, if you love helping people, there is no better or more important job than being Virginia’s Attorney General, and that’s why I’m running for reelection,” Mark Herring says in the video.
The video also features testimonials from Shannon Taylor, Henrico County Commonwealth’s Attorney, gun violence prevention advocates Andy and Barbara Parker, and Anton Bell, City of Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney.
Herring’s campaign also launched its newly updated and redesigned website: www.herringforag.com.
As Attorney General, Mark Herring is working to make our families and communities safer. He has:
– Assembled an elite team of prosecutors to crack down on heroin traffickers, violent gang members, human trafficking, and those who attempt to exploit our children online.
– Prioritized justice for the victims of sexual assault by working to eliminate a three decades old backlog of more than 2,000 untested rape kits to find and prosecute criminals.
– Attacked the heroin and opioid crisis with a comprehensive approach that includes prosecutions against dealers and traffickers in state and federal court, along with an award-winning education and prevention campaign, bipartisan legislation to make life-saving overdose antidotes available to families and law enforcement officers, and vocal advocacy for expanded treatment and recovery resources.
– Helped make communities safer and improved relations between police departments and the communities they serve. And he believes we need to protect our law enforcement officers and communities by keeping guns away from dangerous criminals through comprehensive background checks on all gun sales.
– Worked aggressively to defend the rights of taxpayers, seniors, veterans, and military families are they were targeted by shady debt collection companies. Under his leadership, Virginia’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit has returned more than $60 million to taxpayers and was rated the best in the nation.
– And Herring has won huge victories in court for marriage equality, clean air and water including the Chesapeake Bay, affordable healthcare, and the right of all Virginians to live and worship free from hate and discrimination.