Good – and important – news from Planned Parenthood Votes, especially when you consider the incredibly high stakes for reproductive health in this election, with such an anti-women slate of candidates on the GOP side (Ed “Ban Abortion/Defund PP” Gillespie; Jill “Transvaginal Ultrasound” Vogel; John “Hobby Lobby” Adams).
MONDAY: Cecile Richards to Campaign for Ralph Northam
National President of Planned Parenthood Votes will join Dorothy McAuliffe and Pam Northam at stops in Arlington and Richmond
RICHMOND – On Monday, Cecile Richards, national President of Planned Parenthood Votes, will speak to Virginia voters about what’s at stake for women’s health and will campaign in support of women’s health care champion, Dr. Ralph Northam. Access to women’s health care is top of mind for voters in Virginia.
A Roundtable on Reproductive Rights and Justice with Cecile Richards, Dorothy McAuliffe, Pam Northam, Planned Parenthood Virginia PAC CEO Jennifer Allen, and patient advocates in Arlington, will demonstrate what is at stake for reproductive rights in Virginia’s 2017 election. Later, Richards will energize a crowd of Planned Parenthood Generation Action college student volunteers in Richmond, Va., and will make calls to support Northam’s campaign for governor.
Monday, September 18, 2017
- Roundtable on Reproductive Rights and Economic Justice with Cecile Richards, Dorothy McAuliffe, Pam Northam, Jennifer Allen & Patient Advocates
- WHO: Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood Votes; Dorothy McAuliffe; Pam Northam; Jennifer Allen, CEO of Planned Parenthood Virginia PAC; and people who rely on Planned Parenthood health centers for health care
- WHEN: 11:00 a.m. E.T.
- WHERE: Arlington, VA
- Planned Parenthood Generation Action at VCU Phone Bank with Cecile Richards
- WHO: Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood Votes
- WHEN: 7:15 p.m. E.T.
- WHERE: Richmond, VA
PPAV announced its endorsement of Dr. Ralph Northam for governor last month. Planned Parenthood Virginia PAC is running a campaign to reach hundreds of thousands of voters at their doors, online, on the phones, and through the mail. The program will include:
- Mobilizing an army of volunteers and canvassers who will knock on over 300,000 doors; and
- Sending 400,000 pieces of mail to educate voters about the candidates;
- Running the largest digital campaign in Virginia in this election cycle.
Polling shows that 80 percent of voters support Planned Parenthood and reject efforts to block patients who rely on Medicaid from accessing life-saving care at Planned Parenthood. In addition, 20 national polls all show overwhelming support for Planned Parenthood. A PerryUndem poll found that even 57% of Trump voters oppose actions that would prohibit women from accessing birth control, well-woman care, and cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood.