Impressive stats from the Northam for Governor campaign.
A Week Before Election Day, Democratic Campaigns Are Seeing a Record-Breaking Surge in Volunteering
Unprecedented Enthusiasm Gives Democratic Candidates Up and Down the Ballot a Clear Edge over the GOP
Richmond, Va. — For the second weekend in a row, Virginians came out in unprecedented numbers to canvass and phone bank for Democratic candidates up and down the ballot. The historic level of enthusiasm is ensuring that the Democratic coordinated field effort is reaching a record number of voters — and giving Democratic candidates a clear edge as the campaign enters its final week.
The numbers announced this week are historic for any Virginia campaign — and exceed the 2013 Democratic effort and last year’s presidential campaign.
- In total, field staffers and volunteers knocked on 261,835 doors this weekend, a more than 192 percent increase from the same weekend in 2013 and a 66 percent increase from the same weekend in 2016
- 2017 Door Knocks: 261,835
- 2016 Door Knocks: 157,692
- 2013 Door Knocks: 89,619
- In total, field staffers and volunteers made a total of 209,997 phone calls on behalf of Democrats up and down the ticket, a more than 243 percent increase from 2013 and a 100.8 percent increase from 2013.
- 2017 Phone Attempts: 209,997
- 2016 Phone Attempts: 104,577
- 2013 Phone Attempts: 61,205
- In total this weekend, 5,991 volunteer shifts were filled, a 234.8 percent increase from the same weekend in 2013 and a 31 percent increase from the same weekend in 2016.
These number are made possible by an unprecedented level of GOTV coordination between the three statewide campaigns, partner organizations, and delegate campaigns. 20 House of Delegate campaigns are working directly with the coordinated campaign, up from 14 House of Delegate campaigns in 2013.
“The energy and enthusiasm of our volunteers is the heart and soul of our campaign — and will be key to propelling Democrats to victory,” said Coordinated Campaign Director Lauren Brainerd. “This weekend, we once again saw a record-breaking number of Virginians come out to volunteer for the Democratic ticket. As the campaign enters its final week, our volunteers aren’t just ready — they’re excited — to build on their work and get out the vote on November 7.”