From the Northam Inaugural Commitee:
Northam Inaugural Committee Announces Participants for the 2018 Inaugural Parade
Richmond — Today, the Northam Inaugural Committee announced participants for the 2018 Inaugural Parade.
The Inaugural Parade will start immediately following the swearing-in ceremony. The parade route will move east from Grace Street and will circumnavigate Capitol Square. The Inaugural Parade is free and open to the public, and tickets are not required.
The Way Ahead, the theme of Governor-elect Ralph Northam’s inauguration, is reflected in the diversity of the parade participants, which include Bolivian dancers, the VMI Corps of Cadets, the fastest oyster shucker in the Commonwealth, and a group of 26 fiddlers.
Governor-elect Northam’s parade and inaugural ceremonies will launch an exciting new area of progress for all Virginians. By working together as one Commonwealth, Virginia will come together during these troubling times for our country and lift each other up — no matter who you are or where you’re from.
Parade participants are listed by region below. Please contact Christina Freundlich at cfreundlich@vainauguration218.
- Statewide: Virginia Teachers of the Year, Equality VA, Virginia Tourism Corporation, Virginia National Guard
- Central Virginia and Southside: Virginia Preschool Initiative, JMU Marching Royal Dukes, The Pride: Chinese Lion Dancers of UVA, Virginia State University Trojan Explosion Marching Band, Cultural Center of India, Charlottesville Cardinals Wheelchair Basketball Team, St. Andrews Legion Pipes and Drums, The George Washington High School Marching Eagles
- Southwest Virginia: Crooked Road Heritage Music Trail Fiddlers, Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets Regimental Band: The Highty Tighties
- Eastern Shore: NASA, Deborah Pratt: Fastest Oyster Shucker in Virginia
- Northern Virginia: SemperK9 Assistance Dogs, Freedom High School Marching Band, All Dulles Area Muslim Society Center Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts, Comite Pro Bolivia
- Tidewater/Hampton Roads: Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Hampton Roads Pride
- Valley: Virginia Military Institute Corps of Cadets, Fishburne Military School Corps of Cadets, Virginia Women’s Institute of Leadership and Mary Baldwin University Marching Band