The following video is appalling on many levels. First, note the condescension and arrogance by Rep. Tom Garrett (R-VA05). Second, further note that Garrett gets basically all his facts and analysis completely wrong – Google his claims and you’ll see he’s completely full of it. Third, Garrett’s response to a constituent who wants quality, affordable healthcare coverage NOT just for her own family but for ALL families is just appalling: that her family is just “one family!” I sincerely hope that this response is made into a TV ad, so that every voter in VA-05 view Garrett’s godawful attitude for themselves before they go vote in November — and then vote him out of office, so he can spend more time with HIS family! LOL
P.S. A few of the top-rated comments on the original Facebook post with this video include the following.
- “Good job. And he was sickeningly dismissive and patronizing.”
- “‘How does the government get money for healthcare subsidies?’ I don’t know, just spitballing here, maybe by our Congressman not voting to give massive tax cuts to billionaires??”
- “Garrett has so many logical fallacies in his argument, I’m shaking my head. I will fight with you to vote him out of office in 2018.”
- “What the hell does ‘You’re just one family’ mean?”
- “He is an arrogant representative, who is NOT representing his constituents and he needs to be voted out in NOV.”
- “I love it when Republicans use the fiscal responsibility answer just after cutting taxes for the people that profit from our labor by Trillions…what a joke!”