As we know, the Virginia GOP is a continuing freak show. I am seriously tempted to do a weekly roundup of said freak show, but for now, I think I’ll just do one for the previous week. If you have other items you think should be added to the freak show list, please mention them in the comments section. With that, enjoy (?)!
Virginia GOP US Senate Candidates
- Theocrat, homophobic bigot, and all-around extremist EW Jackson muses about shit that happened 46 years ago and that he’s clearly still REALLY MAD ABOUT!!!!! LOL
- Neo-Confederate Corey Stewart for some reason is claiming that Hillary Clinton is more likely to kill you than an AR-15. Given that there is literally a ZERO.ZERO% chance that Hillary Clinton will kill you, that’s a pretty audacious claim from Corey! LOL
- Del. Nick Freitas (R-NRA) is super super excited that his pal Sean Hannity over at Fox Propaganda named the speech which just earned him a “coarse sandpaper award” from his fellow House Republicans (Del. Terry Kilgore notes that coarse sandpaper “just rips the skin off”) for his over-the-top, bats***-crazy speech last Friday. Yep, that same speech which was condemned by several of Freitas’ African-American colleagues for being “Hurtful,” “Painful,” “Divisive,” “Hateful,” and “Reckless.”
- Meanwhile, another VA GOP candidate to get annihilated by Sen. Tim Kaine in November, Bert Mizusawa, FINALLY announced his candidacy in a speech that was a weird combo of incoherent and super boring. Even though Mizusawa keeps using words like “excited” and “tremendous excitement.” Hint: there isn’t any.
- You’ll be excited to know that Virginia GOP State Central Committee member Fredy Burgos, who has a long history of bigotry, yet has remained a member in good standing of the Virginia GOP’s “leadership,” now has his own website, BurgosTRUTH. A few recent headlines, just to give you a flavor, include: Virginia GOP Chairman needs scapegoat after losing 10 Races; Brian W. Schoeneman SURPRISE says I should resign; My response to John Whitback Demand to Resign (note that Burgos variously spells Whitbeck’s name as “Whitebeck,” “Whitback” and “Whitbeck”); and Fredy Burgos Rejects VA GOP Lynch Mob Demand to Resign. According to Burgos, “John Whitbeck chooses me as his scapegoat, Fredy Burgos, the one conservative, Church-going, Spanish speaking Hispanic immigrant on GOP State Central Committee.” Alrighty! Although I must say, I very much am enjoying Burgos rhetoric like this: “Under the ‘leadership’ of Republican State Chairman John Whitbeck and his alliance of liberal, moderate and no-issues establishment Republicans, they have racked up a 0 and 10 losing score in the most recent series of state election contests.” LOL
- Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-VA10) is having a great week: a) holding a fundraiser with warmongering fanatic John Bolton (to see how crazy this guy is, check out John Bolton Vows That Conservatives Will Never Let The Issue Of Benghazi Go Away, Romney Adviser John Bolton Warns the Obama Administration might ‘Reinstitute Blasphemy Laws’ and Romney Adviser John Bolton Defends Michele Bachmann’s Anti-Muslim Witch Hunt, for instance); and b) earning a “Badge of Shame” from the Washington Blade for having “land[ed] at No. 10 on the list of House members collecting the most cash from the NRA during their careers — more than $137,000 from the discredited organization charged with opposing every sensible gun reform proposal that would stem the flow of blood in our schools, churches and theaters.”
- Rep. Dave Brat (R-VA07), whose career is clearly on borrowed time, recently “liked” a tweet asking “Who Is Paying” (!) Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Student David Hogg. Yep, Brat was always a wackjob, but now he’s gone full Alex Jones-style “truther” on us. Fortunately, we can and will defeat him in November.
We could go on all day with this, but I think that gives you the idea of how the folks on the “other side of the aisle” are behaving these days. Aren’t you glad you’re not a Republican?