Now that the new Congress has been sworn in I thought I'd make a list of its worst members.
1. John Boehner. He cries so often one has to wonder if its alcohol "speaking." Read here too. Today he said he will not do any more negotiating with the President. Got news for him. Obama doesn't need to talk to Boehner. But if Boehner won't do his job, stop his pay.
2. Eric Can't-or. I don't have to tell you why. You know. A more cynical and pitiful excuse for a human being doesn't exist.
3. Michele Bachmann. In two words, lunatic liar. She just makes stuff up. It ought to be a crime to lie as often as she does.
4. Rep. Darrel Issa (R-CA). Investigate is his middle name. His invent-a-scandal office operates nonstop. His point is to try to bring the administration to a standstill. And he's a fine one to criticize anyone (snark). His efforts smack of abuse of power.
5. Joe Barton (R-TX). He apologized to BP for President Obama. Who will apologize for him?
6. Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI). He is nicknamed the dictator by other members of Congress. Enough said.
7. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). He is so ignorant he still doesn't get that Ayn Rand has nothing to tell any one about economics. His so-called budget should be grounds for him to be ousted from office. He is so ruthless even Catholic bishops opposed his draconian policies which would hurt the poor. Paul Ryan's "budget" was a manifesto for discredited trickle down theory, which renders him worse than stupid. He's an incompetent relic. He has no mastery of national issues. Too awful for Congress. And that is saying a lot.
8. Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) is a buffoon. If he compares the President to Hitler one more time he should have to write the history of WW2 on the chalkboard 1,000 time. He should have been run out long ago. Read more here.
9. Sarah Palin buddy, extremist Tea Party hack Rep. Renee Elmers (R-NC). Representative is an oxymoron when used in her title. She refuses to meet with constituents, debate her opponent, have town halls, or give interviews. She is unresponsive to constituents. Instead she meets with business leaders and says that is her job. She should be run out of the House.
10. Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC). According to The Nation, he wanted to make weapons grade uranium easier to move around and thus endanger Americans... Small wonder. He's also one of the top 2% in Congress for donations from the nuclear industry. And he is the top recipient of pharmaceutical and health care products money.
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever), and "troll ratings abuse" (e.g., "troll" rating someone simply because you disagree with their argument) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!