The following is a farewell note from Tom Whipple, who I think we all owe a major debt of gratitude for his dedication and hard work over the past few years. Thank you!
To everything there is a season, and now my season compiling these daily news clips has come to an end. We have been through a lot together in the last 15 years – five governors, 15 meetings of the general assembly, September 11th, two wars, the beltway snipers, and some of the worst economic times any of us will ever know.
I have found it fulfilling to bring my fellow citizens of the commonwealth far more insight into the state of public affairs than they could ever gain by reading only their local papers.
I would like to thank Justin Wilson and Bob Brink who filled in for me on occasion and to those of you who have expressed their appreciation for the clips.
The Virginia News clips are being left in good hands. VPAP is a strong organization dedicated to doing the same sort of work that I have been doing over the years. While the format of the new clips will be somewhat different, the same information will be available each day and efforts are underway to try to expand the coverage of more local developments.
Good luck and God bless all of you.
1. DISAGREEMENT OVER NOMINEES LEAVES VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT SHORTHANDED
2. KAINE, ALLEN BURDENED BY WASHINGTON TIES
4. CONSTITUTION PARTY COURTING GOODE
5. OPPOSING WINDS: FEELINGS ABOUT POOR MOUNTAIN WIND FARM MIGHT DEPEND ON PROXIMITY TO TURBINES
6. HAMPTON ROADS SCHOOLS VARY ON DISCIPLINE
8. GOVERNOR’S SCHOOLS: SCORES
9. PUT BRAKES ON UNREGULATED BUSES
10. UNDERWATER IN HAMPTON ROADS
12. A MORAL VICTORY OVER DISCRIMINATION
14. SCHAPIRO: FOR STATE, VRS MEANS VERY RISKY SITUATION
17. MAZED AND CONFUSED AT THE BELTWAY INTERCHANGE
21. POWHATAN’S LACIVITA A POLITICAL WARRIOR ON NATIONAL STAGE
27. W.VA. MARCHERS CALL FOR END TO MOUNTAINTOP MINING