Thanks to VPAP and to Paul Brockwell, Jr. for today’s Virginia news clips!
1. MCDONNELL SAYS SAFE URANIUM MINING WOULD BENEFIT STATE
2. DANVILLE DELEGATE’S BILL FUELS VIRGINIA ENERGY EFFICIENCY
3. BIG DONORS GIVE BULK OF VA GOV’S $1.5M IN 2ND Q
8. U.S. SENATE CANDIDATES WEIGH IN ON DEBT-CEILING DEBATE
9. ALLEN RAISES $1.1 MILLION IN 2ND QUARTER (“Democrat Timothy M. Kaine, Allen’s most prominent opponent and a fellow former governor, announced last week that he had raised $2.25 million in the second quarter, double Allen’s figure.”)
10. RADTKE WANTS DEBATE WITH ALLEN
14. WEBB FOR CLOSING LOOPHOLES, BUT NOT INCOME TAX HIKES
15. VIRGINIA’S CANTOR ASCENDS AS GOP VOICE IN DEBT-LIMIT TALKS
16. TENUOUS TALKS ON DULLES RAIL IN FAIRFAX COUNTY
18. RESEARCH INDICATES VA. SCHOOLS ‘HOSTILE’ TO GAY STUDENTS
23. EDITORIAL: NO FRACKING IN THE NATIONAL FOREST
28. SCHAPIRO: VIRGINIA’S OPTIONS IN DEFAULT UNCLEAR
P.S. And check out Ruth Marcus’ op-ed, in which she says about Eric Can’tor, “To understand Cantor, think Macbeth with all the vaulting ambition and none of the accompanying guilt.” That about sums it up. That’s right, he’s Mr. “I want what I want when I want it.” Simply repulsive.