See below for some interesting graphs, courtesy of VPAP, regarding yesterday’s Virginia city and town elections. As for the results, you can view them at the Virginia Dept. of Elections website, including:
- Fairfax City: David Meyer easily won reelection as Mayor, with 74% of the vote. City Council winners were Sang Yi, Janice Miller, Jon Stehle Jr., Joseph Harmon, So Lim, Tom Ross.
- Chesapeake: Rick West easily won reelection as Mayor, with 64% of the vote. City Council winners appear to be Don Carey III, Debbie Ritter, Robert Ike Jr.
- Hampton: Donnie Tuck won a second term as Mayor, with 58% of the vote. City Council winners appear to be Chris Snead, Chris Bowman, Billy Hobbs Jr.
- Norfolk: Mayor Kenny Alexander was unopposed for reelection. Also, Andria McClellan and Angelia Graves were unopposed for reelection to the City Council.
- Fredericksburg: Mary Katherine Greenlaw won a third term as Mayor, with 58% of the vote. City Council winners were incumbents Kerry Devine and Matthew Kelly.
- Williamsburg: City Council winners were newcomers Caleb Rogers and Pat Dent, plus incumbent Barbara Ramsey
- Danville: City Council incumbents Larry Campbell, Lee Vogler, Sherman Saunders and Madison Whittle all held their seats; incumbent Fred Shanks lost to challenger Barry Mayo.
- Newport News: City Council winners were incumbents Pat Woodbury (Central District), Marcellus Harris III (North District) and Tina Vick (South District).