Add this new poll – by Data for Progress (note: it is a bit old, as it was conducted from October 4 through October 15) – to the mix. For all the other Virginia gubernatorial poll results, see here. As for this poll, in 2020 they had Joe Biden winning Virginia by 11.0 points (Biden won by 10.1 points) and had Mark Warner winning by 15.0 points (Warner won by 12.1 points). For what it’s worth, FiveThirtyEight gives Data for Progress a “B” grade. With that, here are the highlights from this poll:
- The poll surveyed “1,589 likely Virginia voters who they plan to support for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and State House Representative.”
- The poll has “Terry McAuliffe leading the Gubernatorial race with a +5-point margin, with 50 percent of voters supporting his candidacy.”
- “Democrat Hala Ayala also leads in the race for Lieutenant Governor with 47 percent to Winsome Sears’ 42 percent.”
- “In State House races, voters favor the Democratic candidates by a +4-point margin.”
- “Additionally, our polling finds that Virginia voters have much higher favorability ratings of both McAuliffe and Ayala than their Republican counterparts.”
So…still too close for comfort. At this point, pretty much ignore the polls and just go VOTE (and remind everyone you know to VOTE)!