Tag: Ella Ward
1. Democrats in Alexandria. Imagine, left to their own devices and without a slate, they managed to choose six diverse and capable candidates for city council.
2. Republican conventions. Formalize incumbent protection over there, will you? The RPV really should get out of these embarrassing and unnecessary primaries when they already know who they want to run. Let's see what they decide come Friday. (Though a 3:1 beat down by Ken Cuccinelli in a primary might be something to behold.)
3. Jim Moran. A solid and well-deserved victory only surprising by his opponent's meager showing. "Not the incumbent" usually can gather 30% on that distinction alone. (See Bob Goodlatte)
4. Incumbency. Always a good bet and better now than ever.
5. George Allen. This man of solidly adequate accomplishment and famous lineage stands a fumble away from the goal line. Virginia may become
the first state ever one of just a handful of states to elect a Senator who was unable to win re-election to the United State Senate as an incumbent.