WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 is the start of the National Speak Up for Education & Kids Campaign. It begins with a National Call-in Day.
* On Wednesday May 26th, call 1-866-608-6355 to contact your Representative in Congress.
* You will hear talking points and will be connected to the United States Capitol Switchboard - ask for your House Member.
* Tell your Representative to protect the future of our children by supporting funding to save education jobs in the emergency funding bill.
* With 300,000 education layoffs expected, our students are the ones who will suffer - in overcrowded classrooms, with less time in school, and without the teachers and school staff needed to give them individual attention and help.
* Forward this call-in day information to five friends. Ask them to call Congress on May 26th and to forward this e-mail to five more friends.
Other Actions You Can Take to Speak Up for Education And Kids:
* E-mail your Members of Congress to support funding to save education jobs in the emergency supplemental appropriations bill.
* Become a "fan" of Speak up for Education and Kids (http://www.facebook.com/speakupforkids) on Facebook -- a community of educators and concerned citizens - now more than 12,000 strong - who believe our nation has a responsibility to invest in education and avoid the short-sighted cuts that could deprive our students of the bright futures they deserve.
* Visit Education Votes (www.educationvotes.nea.org) to find out how you can make sure your voice is heard on the education issues that matter the most.
Congress can't ignore a strong message from all across the nation. Make your voice heard!
Participate in the National Call-In Day and speak up for education and kids!