From the Democratic Party of Virginia:
Today, the Democratic Party of Virginia began running web advertising linking to a new website, www.TeaPartyDream.com, that highlights the extreme similarity of Ken Cuccinelli, EW Jackson and Mark Obenshain.
“The dangerous rhetoric and policy goals of Cuccinelli, Jackson and Obenshain are not good for Virginia,” said DPVA Chair Charniele Herring. “From pushing bills that would ultimately ban common forms of birth control and require police reporting of miscarriages, to launching cruel attacks on gay Virginians, this Tea Party ticket would undermine Virginia’s reputation as a great place to do business and raise a family.”
The website highlights some of the Tea Party ticket’s extreme positions that have gained attention recently including:
- Cuccinelli and Obenshain’s fight to pass ‘personhood’ legislation that would ban common forms of birth control and outlaw abortion in all cases.
- Cuccinelli and Jackson’s comparison of legal abortion rights to slavery.
- Cuccinelli and Jackson’s vicious attacks on gay Virginians, including Cuccinelli’s statement that gay individuals are ‘destroying’ their body and soul.
- Cuccinelli’s belief that President Obama may be from Kenya and Jackson’s belief that the President is not a Christian.
- Cuccinelli, Jackson and Obenshain’s attempts to stop passage of Governor McDonnell’s bipartisan transportation compromise.
- Obenshain’s push to force women suffering a miscarriage to report to police within 24 hours or face criminal penalty