Home 2014 Races Video: Don Beyer Wins Gerry Connolly’s St. Patrick’s Day Straw Poll

Video: Don Beyer Wins Gerry Connolly’s St. Patrick’s Day Straw Poll

465
14
SHARE

Here’s video of Rep. Gerry Connolly announcing the results from tonight’s St. Patrick’s Day “fete” and straw poll. With about 400 ballots cast, Don Beyer won with 35%, Charniele Herring finished 2nd with 13%, Lavern Chatman was 3rd with 12%, Adam Ebbin was 4th with 11%, Bill Euille and Alfonso Lopez tied for 5th at 7%, Mark Levine was 7th at 6%, and Bruce Shuttleworth and Satish Korpe were tied for 8th at 1%. Since they weren’t mentioned in the vote total, Patrick Hope, Nancy Najarian and Derek Hyra presumably didn’t get any votes. More video to follow in the comments section of this post…

P.S. I just realized that if you add up the percentages, you only get 93%, leaving 7% unaccounted for. Hmmmmm…mystery!

UPDATE Tuesday morning: I got the full results of the straw poll. With 364 ballots cast, it was Beyer 127 (34%), Herring 46 (13%), Chatman 44 (12%), Ebbin 41 (11%), Euille/Lopez/Hope with 25 each (7% each), Levine 22 (6%), Shuttleworth 4 (1%) and Korpe 4 (1%). Nancy Najarian got 1 vote (0%) and Derek Hyra got zero votes (0%).

  • senator911

    I would assume that the remaining 7% is from write-ins who aren’t in the race.

  • He got at least two votes. I voted for him and so did a friend of mine who also attended.

  • fwdprogress

    why are other congressional districts having straw polls about the 8th…what a total waste of time

  • It appears that Satish Korpe IS a candidate in the 8th CD after all, making him and fellow newcomer Nancy Najarian candidates #11 and #12 in this race. For more on Satish Korpe, se here:

    Mr. Korpe has lived in Fairfax County for nearly 30 years and is the founder and owner of thriving business since 1984. He has over 23 years of experience in business management, construction management, public service, community work and political activism in Maryland and Virginia. He has worked on a variety of political campaigns including those of Jim Moran, Mark Warner and Chuck Robb.  He has been a member of the Curriculum Advisory Committee, Fairfax County Public Schools; Business and Community Advisory Council, Fairfax County Public Schools; Governor’s Appointee on the Health and Safety Codes Board of Virginia and much more.

  • Shhhhhhh……

  • “Proven, Principled, Progressive…Happy St. Gerry Connolly Day!”