Thanks to VPAP and to Paul Brockwell, Jr. for the Friday Virginia news headlines.
1. MCDONNELL TREATS CAMPAIGN DONORS TO RETREAT
2. CUCCINELLI GOES AFTER ANOTHER FEDERAL REGULATION
3. DEL. PLUM BACKS OUT OF COMPANY-SPONSORED TRIP TO FRANCE TO VISIT URANIUM MINE (Thank you Del. Plum!!!)
4. HAMPTON ROADS LEGISLATORS GO TO FRANCE, PAID FOR BY URANIUM LOBBYIST
5. DONORS PROVIDED MORE THAN $24,000 FOR HAMILTON DEFENSE FUND
6. JAMES CITY COUNTY BUSINESSMAN MIKE WATSON ENTERS RACE FOR 93RD DISTRICT SEAT
8. NATIONAL CONSERVATIVE GROUP DONATES MONEY TO VIRGINIA CANDIDATES
12. FOR VA.’S PROPOSED TEACHER MERIT-PAY PROGRAM, FEW HANDS IN THE AIR
13. CANTOR PULLS OUT OF DEFICIT-REDUCTION TALKS WITH BIDEN
17. NOVA BUSINESS LEADERS SEEK CUTS FROM DULLES RAIL PROJECT
21. RADIOACTIVE WASTE TO PASS THROUGH HAMPTON ROADS
22. FEMA DENIES AID FOR WASHINGTON COUNTY, VA. A SECOND TIME
25. EDITORIAL: URANIUM MINING LESSON
P.S. Also, can someone please explain to me why Arlington County Board member (and 31st district State Senate candidate, along with Jaime Areizaga-Soto) Barbara Favola keeps referring to herself as a member of the Arlington County Board of Supervisors (see 3:20 mark). As we all know, Arlington County doesn’t have a Board of Supervisors — that’s a different form of government, as they have in Fairfax County for instance. Yet, for some reason, Barbara Favola has been writing it and saying it for months now. It would be like if Del. Patrick Hope visited Connecticut, where they have a “House of Representatives” and not a “House of Delegates,” and called himself “Representative Hope” or whatever. Or maybe if Rep. Jim Moran went to Canada and said he’s a member of the U.S. Parliament? LOL. Also note that I called and emailed Favola’s campaign for comment. The only thing I got was a statement (“Yesterday, at that particular moment in Barbara’s speech, Barbara was discussing with Supervisor John Foust about the types of issues that local representatives deal with.”) that wasn’t on point and didn’t address my question.