The following exchange about former Virginia Delegate and current State Senate candidate Joe Morrissey, between Trumpster radio host John Fredericks and former Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-VA10) is simply epic. I strongly recommend that you check it out, first of all to understand why Morrissey absolutely needs to lose on June 11, and second simply for entertainment value, listening to two right wingers going at each other on this.
First, a bit of background:
- Morrissey has had quite a “colorful” record, including “Morrissey attracted national attention in January 2013, when during a debate on gun control he pulled an unloaded AK-47 from under his desk and flourished it on the floor of the House of Delegates“; “As an attorney, Morrissey was cited for contempt of court ten times and was jailed or arrested five times”; “Records from the Virginia State Bar indicate that Morrissey received a public reprimand in March 1992, and had his law license suspended twice: once in December 1993 and then again in December 1999″; “Sex crimes conviction” (“According to statements from the prosecutor in court documents, Morrissey had sex with the girl multiple times in his law office in August 2013, and possessed a nude photograph of the girl, which he also sent to a friend.“); “Second License Revocation”; and “[admitting to] having sexual relationships with [Myrna] Pride, then 17 years old, in a plea agreement following a conviction for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, both continue to maintain that no sexual activity occurred before she was of legal age”
- In December 2014, Virginia House Democrats denounced Morrissey “[in] light of his conviction for Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor,” saying that this “ disqualifies him from serving in the House,” that “he should immediately resign, and we are actively exploring all available options, including removal, if he does not.”
- In January 2015, Morrissey, “who resigned his seat due to a sex scandal involving a teenage staff member won a special election to regain his seat ” He then became a “legislator by day and inmate by night,” before resigning his seat to run for Virginia State Senate (then failing to qualify for the Democratic primary ballot, etc.).
- Now Morrissey is challenging State Sen. Rosalyn Dance (D-SD16) in a Democratic primary (go Sen Dance!).
- Morrissey also has a radio show on John Fredericks’ network, which might help explain why Fredericks defends him so strongly in the audio clip, below.
With that, check out the audio, which is truly epic, as former Rep. Comstock rips Morrissey as a “predator when he was in the House of Delegates; we had to warn the girls to stay away from him…he is not somebody who should be serving in office at all.” Fredericks tries, somehow, to defend the indefensible, causing Comstock to state that “there’s a long history before that…I can’t imagine that…I’d like to see for our daughter in there with Justin Fairfax, I think that would be a real tragedy…the misogyny and his long history.”
Fredericks then tries to claim that Morrissey is “pro-life” (aka, against women’s reproductive freedom), causing Comstock to (correctly) point out that Morrissey absolutely didn’t vote that way in the General Assembly (note: according to Project Vote Smart, Morrissey had 100% ratings from NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia from 2012 through 2015).
Comstock then reiterates that “we had to warn the interns to stay away from him…preying upon your staff or young interns is not something that should go on in the Virginia General Assembly…a disbarred attorney with a lot of sordid record behind him…the violence incidents, you know the long story.”
Amazing: for once I agree with Barbara Comstock on something? LOL