See below for some updates from Virginia officials on the Covid-19 (“Novel Coronavirus”) situation. Also, check out the Virginia Department of Health’s Coronavirus page, which reported yesterday, “Virginia has 2 presumptive positive cases of COVID-19.”
According to Sen. Tim Kaine: “Senator Mark Warner and I are closely monitoring the two presumptive positive coronavirus cases in Virginia and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure the Commonwealth is getting the federal support it needs to respond. We encourage all Virginians to check http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/surveillance-and-investigati…/…/ for valuable updates and information on COVID-19 and heed the calls of public health professionals to protect against its spread.”
According to Sen. Mark Warner: “Uber announced it will compensate sick or quarantined drivers up to 14 days. I’m glad to see Uber quickly making sure gig workers using its platform don’t have to choose between their financial stability and following public health instructions related to coronavirus. I hope other platforms will do the same ASAP.”
Also, see here for Gov. Ralph Northam’s plans to deal with this disease, as well as recommended precautions everyone should take:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.