Pete Buttigieg Announces Endorsements of 28 Candidates Through Win the Era
SOUTH BEND, IN – Today, Pete Buttigieg announced that Win the Era is endorsing 28 candidates running for office in federal and state governments across the country. This is the PAC’s latest set of endorsements for the 2020 cycle, which aim to build the bench of the Democratic Party while also making sure the bench is representative of our country. The candidates include next generation leaders, candidates running historic and trailblazing campaigns, and candidates who are making inroads in traditionally red states or districts.
“I’m excited to announce our latest slate of endorsements, which include forward-thinking leaders across our country who are offering bold ideas that will change the course of our politics,” said Pete Buttigieg. “This election, we need to replace the current President and elect leaders at every level of our government who will deliver solutions to the biggest challenges we face. I believe the voices of these twenty-eight candidates are essential to changing our politics, and I’m committed to doing everything I can to make sure they are successful on November 3rd.”
Over the next two months, Win the Era will leverage the strength of its national network to support these candidates and hold virtual campaign events to benefit them.
The 28 candidates endorsed by Win The Era are:
- Marquita Bradshaw, US Senate – TN
- Theresa Greenfield, US Senate – IA
- MJ Hegar, US Senate – TX
- Jon Ossoff, US Senate – GA
- Rev. Raphael Warnock, US Senate – GA Special
- Rep. Colin Allred, US House TX-32
- Moe Brown, US House SC-05
- Eugene DePasquale, US House PA-10
- Mondaire Jones, US House NY-17
- Rep. Andy Kim, US House NJ-03
- Qasim Rashid, US House VA-01
- Rep. Kathleen Rice, US House NY-04
- Hillary Scholten, US House MI-03
- Rep. Elissa Slotkin, US House MI-08
- Judge Pat Timmons-Goodson, US House NC-08
- Councilman Ritchie Torres, US House NY-15
- Candace Valenzuela, US House TX-24
- Dr. Cameron Webb, US House VA-05
- State Sen. Nikema Williams, US House GA-05
- Dr. Nina Ahmad, PA Auditor General
- Josh Stein, NC Attorney General
- Sarah McBride, Delaware Senate District 01
- Akilah Bacy, Texas House District 138
- State Rep. Jasmine Clark, Georgia House District 108
- Torrey Harris, Tennessee House District 90
- Chokwe Pitchford, Michigan House District 79
- Tarra Simmons, Washington House District 23
- Mauree Turner, Oklahoma House District 88
Buttigieg established Win the Era to support candidates who embody and lift up the values that bring Americans together. Win the Era supports forward-looking leaders who are lifting up the issues facing this and subsequent generations; who are committed to building a sense of belonging in our country; who are running pioneering campaigns; who are proposing and supporting meaningful, bold policies; and who model the values and spirit that animated the Pete for America campaign. Buttigieg’s endorsements have ranged from statewide federal office holders to municipal officials, in blue states, red states, and swing states.
Win the Era will continue to announce additional candidate endorsements ahead of the election. Win the Era’s previous endorsements are available online here.
About Win the Era:
Win the Era Leadership PAC and Action Fund are organizations founded by Pete Buttigieg in April 2020 following his historic presidential campaign. The Win the Era Leadership PAC will work to elect leaders at every level of government who embody and lift up the values that bring Americans together and represent the spirit of the Pete for America campaign.