As Jen Kiggans’ campaign fails to pick up steam, Jarome Bell is locking up the Trump vote in the VA-02 GOP primary. Virginians are reading this morning about right-wing extremist Jarome Bell, who is hoping to soak up as much of the far-right vote as possible to help him advance in the increasingly competitive VA-02 primary.
Despite Kiggans’ desperate effort to win over the primary voters supporting Bell by being one of only four Republicans to vote for a $70 million audit of Virginia’s 2020 election results, it is proving difficult to keep up with Bell’s greatest hits like:
- Earning endorsements from Rep. Bob Good (VA-05), former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar, and Arizona Sen. Wendy Rogers,
- Using the xenophobic term “China Virus,”
- Defending Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine,
- Questioning the legitimacy of the 2020 election, claiming, “Audit all 50 states. Arrest all involved. Try all involved. Convict all involved. Execute all involved,”
- Being banned from Twitter for spreading misinformation and violent rhetoric,
- Using Facebook to promote conspiracy theories and hateful language targeting marginalized groups, and
- Touting antisemitic conspiracy theories.
“Every day, Jen Kiggans plants her flag further to the extreme right as she and Jarome Bell scramble to win over the same primary voters,” said DCCC spokesperson Monica Robinson. “No matter who manages to make it out of the GOP primary, Virginians have only losing options for their Republican nominee.”