Good stuff from Simon Rosenberg on the July jobs report. Also, see below for reactions by Rep. Don Beyer (D-VA08) and others. The bottom lines:
- “Unemployment near a record low, and 13.4 million jobs added since I took office: that’s Bidenomics.” – President Biden
- “More solid job gains here as the economy continues to strengthen with inflation falling, low unemployment, wages and consumer sentiment rising, and GDP growth crushing estimates. Building the middle class with smart investments to help Americans succeed — that’s Bidenomics.” – Rep. Don Beyer
- “Since 1989, when the Berlin Wall fell and a new age of globalization began, 49m jobs have been created in America. 47m of those, 96%, have been created under Democratic Presidents. Basically all of them.” – Simon Rosenberg
- “Incredible news: People want to work. The US Labor Force added 3.1 million people in the past year. Almost no one saw that coming…” – Heather Long
- Also, note that Republicans played essentially no role in any of this, except for a negative one, in the sense that they voted against almost every aspect of the Biden administration’s policies that have us in such strong shape. Even worse in some ways, Republicans have relentlessly talked down and attempted to sabotage the economy, while having the unmitigated gall to blame Democrats for any piece of bad news while taking false CREDIT (!) for good news. Just check out what Glenn Youngkin’s been saying in recent weeks/months, for instance, if you want a taste of this bad-faith bullsh*t.