Check out the following video from yesterday’s floor debate in the Virginia House of Delegates on the Dominion bill as Delegates Lee Ware (R) and Mark Keam (D) demolish the bill, asking important questions and making important points like the following. I urge everyone to listen to Delegates Ware and Keam and to vote AGAINST the Dominion bill!
- “How should a monopoly utility be regulated?”
- “What we’re fixing to do is…almost get rid of the strike zone”
- “Will it be the regulated that becomes the regulator?”
- “It’s a fundamental question of what is the role of us as legislators”
- “I have not seen a single time…when this General Assembly let the SCC do its job just as we told them to do it”
- “I’m starting to feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy; every time I trust you…[now Dominion] wants us to trust them once again”
- “What is our role as legislators…are we going to…let the regulators regulate the industry that we said should be re-regulated?”