If you’re not familiar with Republican Congresswoman Barbara Comstock (VA-10), there are really only three things you need to know about her:
1. She is one of the top ten recipients of contributions from the National Rifle Association – and she returns the favor by opposing common-sense gun safety legislation.
2. She votes 97.8% of the time with Donald Trump.
3. She has never, ever held a public town hall meeting (probably because she is afraid of getting questions from constituents about points #1 and 2).
The only way to put a check on Donald Trump’s abuse of power is to elect a Democratic Congress this year, and Virginia’s 10th House District is key to that victory. Stretching from McLean and Fairfax Station all the way to the West Virginia border, this district voted for Hillary Clinton and Governor Ralph Northam, making it one of our best chances to flip a district from red to blue.
We’ve got a great candidate, State Senator Jennifer Wexton, running to take back this Congressional seat. She has worked to make Virginia the best state to raise a child or run a business, and she has focused on improving our transportation systems and infrastructure. Wexton is an effective legislator who has passed over 40 bills in Virginia’s General Assembly. In Congress, Jennifer Wexton will support legislation to stop weapons from getting into the wrong hands, and she’ll fight to protect Medicare and Medicaid.
So here’s what you can do, whether you live in the 10th District or not:
1. Volunteer to help Jennifer Wexton
Click here to find volunteer opportunities
Campaign Office locations:
- 6 Pidgeon Hill Drive, Suite 360
Sterling, VA 20165 (map)
- 5618-A Ox Road
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
above the Post Office (map)
- 4229 Lafayette Center Drive Suite 1750
Chantilly, VA 20151 (map)
2. Tell your friends, family and neighbors about this race. The polling is looking good and if we can keep up the momentum, we will win this. Polling numbers always tighten up when we get closer to election day, so this race is definitely not a sure thing.
3. Follow Jennifer Wexton on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Search Twitter for the #VA10 hashtag and type #VA10 in your posts about this election. Share news and positive information about Jennifer Wexton, and the hard-hitting truths about Barbara Comstock.
4. Write a Letter to the Editor
5. Finally, because Barbara Comstock is a clever politician and there are Republicans who read this site, there is a very good chance that she will use this message to raise money by posing as the victim of unfair attacks. So let’s get ahead of Comstock by raising money to defeat her. Click here to contribute to Jennifer Wexton.