Yeah, the Washington Post got things BADLY wrong in 2016, when they absurdly endorsed right-wing hack Barbara Comstock for Congress. Fortunately, in 2018, the WaPo has gotten it absolutely right, endorsing Democrat Jennifer Wexton – the FAR superior candidate – for Congress in VA10. Here are a few highlights from the endorsement, which was just posted on the Post website.
- Comstock’s “promise has turned to dust; on critical issues, she has been a reliable, often unquestioning foot soldier in the president’s ranks of Republican loyalists.”
- “That disappointment, and the clear and convincing competence of her Democratic rival, state Sen. Jennifer Wexton, inform our decision this year to support Ms. Wexton.”
- Wexton “would be an advocate for gun safety; Ms. Comstock has an A rating from the National Rifle Association, which has lavished money on her.”
- Comstock “made her name as a young Republican congressional staffer investigating corruption in the Clinton administration; now, under a scandal-ridden Republican administration, she is mum.”
- “Ms. Comstock is energetic, but energy deployed in service of bad policy and the Trump administration’s ethical morass is no virtue. Ms. Wexton would be a breath of fresh air.”