The following exchange, between and Del. Don Scott (D-HD80) and Del. Chris Head (R-HD17) shows why you shouldn’t mess with LSU’s mascot “Mike the Tiger”…or with LSU law school alumnus Del. Don Scott (D-HD). Here’s how it went down:
- Del. Wendy Gooditis (D-HD10), speaking on SB1030 regarding humans interacting with “dangerous captive animals,” briefly explains the bill and asks for the House of Delegates to pass the bill.
- Del. Chris Head (R-HD17) asks whether Del. Don Scott (D-HD80) will rise for a question.
- Del. Scott responds, “I don’t know why I *would* [laughter], but because I’m not that bright, what’s your question, sir?”
- Del. Head asks, “I would ask the delegate, since I believe he is an LSU grad, if this bill passes, would this prohibit LSU from bringing [tiger mascot] Mike into the Commonwealth?”
- Del. Scott verbally body slams Del. Head: “I think this would only prevent people like you who might want to *pet* him from…” [inaudible due to uproarious laughter]
- Del. Head concedes defeat in that exchange, lol: “I thank the gentleman.”
Ouch! And note for future reference: do not *ever* engage in a contest of wits with Del. Don Scott – the guy’s (metaphorically) more lethal than Mike the Tiger!