Far-right former Virginia Attorney General and former top Trump administration official Ken Cuccinelli, who now backs authoritarian/fascist Ron DeSantis, had some comments yesterday on “Meet the Press Now” about the Trump indictment. A lot of them are typical far-right bullsh*t and “whataboutism,” but other comments are eyebrow-raising. Check them out, below.
- “…if what reads out in the indictment is accurate, there’s a strong technical case here against [Donald Trump].”
- “Yes [this is a stronger case than the hush-money case]…these are long-standing statutes, and there was a lot more detail in this indictment…”
- “Certainly the rule of law is a fundamental American precept…”
- “I’ve traveled to a lot of states already, talked to a lot of grassroots folks…who don’t appreciate the drama; this is not a plus for [Donald Trump]…You’ve heard of Trump Derangement Syndrome? There’s also Trump Exhaustion Syndrome, and that’s among many of us who have or had supported him.”
- “Certainly not…he shouldn’t have had, no president should have any classified documents even after they leave the White House, bottom line…I think you see a focus here on the national security documents…”
- Cuccinelli also said he has “no idea” if Ron DeSantis would pardon Trump.