Thanks to Tom Whipple, now with electricity fully restored, for the Friday “Clips.”
1. THINK TANK DISPUTES MCDONNELL’S CLAIMS ON JOB CREATION….
2. CUCCINELLI PURSUES VA. PENSION FUND MANAGER
4. HOUSE PANEL OKS AUTISM BILL
7. HOUSE PANEL KILLS BILL BANNING GUNS IN VIRGINIA CAPITOL
8. CONCEALED MACHINE GUN IN VIRGINIA? NOT HAPPENING … YET.
17. BILL EXPANDS VA. DEATH PENALTY TO NON-TRIGGERMEN
19. INCHING CLOSER TO HEALTH BENEFITS FOR STATE WORKERS’ SAME-SEX PARTNERS?
23. SORTING OUT WARD ARMSTRONG’S CLAIM ON ELECTRICITY RATES
24. RADTKE ADDRESSES U.S. SENATE TEA PARTY CAUCUS
26. WARNER AND REPUBLICAN ALLY LOOK TO CUT COSTS, NOT FINGERS
36. LATE, BUT WELCOME WAL-MART SURRENDER
42. METRO SYSTEM NAMES LEADERS
Also, don’t forget to “friend” Brian Patton for Commonwealth’s Attorney on Facebook if you can. Brian is a great guy, a superb attorney, and a top-notch Commonwealth’s Attorney who richly deserves reelection to another term. Go Brian!!!
UPDATE: Also, Egypt’s far geographically from Virginia, but a lot of us are following the situation there closely and with great interest. We’re also rooting for the pro-Democracy protestors to succeed, and for the United States to make crystal clear that we support their aspirations. So far, unfortunately, the Obama Administration has been shaky in its response. Certainly, it needs to do a LOT better than what Joe Biden said last night and in general. No, Husni Mubarak is not our personal “friend,” as Hillary Clinton stated; yes, he IS a “dictator,” and yes, it’s time for his rotting, corrupt, human-rights-abusing regime to either reform in a big way (which it is almost certainly not capable of doing) or cede power ASAP to the democratic opposition. Bottom line question: is the United States on the side of freedom and human liberty around the world, or is it on the side of corrupt, authoritarian, (justifiably) hated regimes that offer the false promise of “security” but in the end often lead to this?