South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley campaigned – along with rabid, right-wing ideologue Barbara Comstock – for Willard “Mitt” Romney yesterday in Sterling. Here are a few things you should know about Haley. Just keep these in mind as you watch the video of Haley campaigning for Willard.
1. Sarah Palin is a huge fan of Haley’s, calling her “a strong pro-family, pro-life, pro-second-amendment, pro-development” conservative. Sounds great, huh?
2. Haley is an anti-choice extremist – signed a law “barring taxpayer-funded abortion except for when the mother’s life is in danger,” also “vetoed $453,680 in budget funding for rape crisis centers” in her state.
3. She wrote on her Facebook page “referring to the South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as ‘special interests.'”
4. She believes the Constitution guarantees an “absolute” right to bear arms.
5. She said “women don’t care about contraception.”
6. She failed ” to disclose that she made $42,000 as a consultant for Wilbur Smith Associates, a company that did business with the state. Haley voted on legislation regarding this business.”
7. She was paid “$110,000 as a fundraiser for Lexington Medical Center, even though she had no prior fundraising experience and was serving as a member of the state General Assembly, where legislation was pending regarding the hospital.”
8. She “repeatedly deleted important emails in violation of state Freedom of Information Act laws. Her immediate staff did the same.”
9. She said “I so want drug testing” for people before they can receive unemployment benefits.
10. She vetoed “a bill that would have allowed free HPV vaccinations for girls.”