There are a couple interesting items in the following press release sent out late yesterday from Gov. Ralph Northam’s office: 1) the appointment of three new members to the State Board of Elections (former Del. Bob Brink of Arlington; Norfolk Criminal Defense Attorney Jamilah D. LeCruise, and former Del. John O’Bannon of Henrico County); and 2) the appointment of Jane Dittmar (former Albemarle Board of Supervisors Chair and former Chief of Staff to Del. David Toscano) as Senior Special Assistant to the Chief Workforce Development Advisor. These all seem like solid picks to me.
Governor Northam Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND—Governor Ralph Northam announced additional appointments to his Administration today.
Office of the Chief Workforce Development Advisor
Jane Dittmar, Senior Special Assistant to the Chief Workforce Development Advisor
Jane Dittmar has been appointed Senior Special Assistant to the Chief Workforce Development Advisor. Prior to her appointment, Jane served as Chief of Staff for Delegate David Toscano, past Minority Leader in the Virginia House of Delegates. Previously, Jane chaired the Albemarle Board of Supervisors and is a founding Partner at Positive Solutions Group, a professional mediation firm. Jane was educated at the University of Virginia where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and at Virginia Tech where she earned a graduate certificate through the Center for Public Administration and Policy. She also maintains her certification through the Supreme Court of Virginia to practice mediation in both the Circuit and General District Courts in Virginia.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Motor Vehicle Dealer Board
- Donald J. Sullivan of Fredericksburg, Owner and Operator, Sullivan Auto Trading, Inc.
State Board of Elections
- The Honorable Robert H. Brink of Arlington, Former Member, Virginia House of Delegates
- Jamilah D. LeCruise of Norfolk, Attorney, The Law Office of J. D. LeCruise, PLLC
- The Honorable John M. O’Bannon, MD of Henrico, Former Member, Virginia House of Delegates
Virginia Board of Health Professions
- Sahil Chaudhary of Centreville, Legislative Assistant, United States House of Representatives
Virginia Corn Board
- Ginny Pitman Barnes* of Kilmarnock, Sales, Coastal AgroBusiness
- M. Heath Bray* of Middlesex, Grain Elevator Manager, Perdue Agribusiness Grain, LLC
- William C. Crossman III* of Mount Holly, Chairman, Virginia Corn Board
- Charles D. McGhee* of Mechanicsville, Owner, Grainfield Farm, LLC