“There’s a lot at stake for those who get a cut of monopolies’ exorbitant profits, from utility executives to politicians cashing campaign checks. Whether it’s a utility’s spin department or political operatives behind these calls, this kind of message testing shows they’re on the defensive against the groundswell of public support for the right to buy cleaner and less expensive energy.”
P.S. Note that Dominion Energy often lies. For instance, see the following, which is just a small sampling of Dominion’s dishonesty…
- Lies, Damn Lies, and Advertising: Dominion Goes for the Green
- Dominion – and “Dominion Dick” $a$law – Lie and Lie and Lie Some More. Including to the “Governor’s Advisory Council on Environmental Justice.”
- Dominion Energy & Environmental Racism: a case study in how to lie with maps
- Leaked Audio Confirms Dominion Energy Misled Public on Atlantic Coast Pipeline Route
- Dominion CEO Tom Farrell’s Pro-Pipeline Editorial Is Filled with Lies and Distortions. Here Are a Bunch of Corrections.
- Dominion’s Lie About Atlantic Coast Pipeline Caught on Tape: How will Terry McAuliffe and DEQ Respond?
- Supposedly State-Regulated Dominion Energy Just Wildly, Blatantly LYING Now…in Paid Advertising
P.P.S. Just received another statement…from Adrian Moore, Vice President of Policy for Reason Foundation, a libertarian think tank and a member organization of the Virginia Energy Reform Coalition (VERC).
“This message testing by the monopoly speaks volumes. They know positive messages about who they are and what they do for customers no longer works, so in desperation they are looking for attack messages that will confuse consumers. Every Virginia consumer knows having more control and more choice is better, but apparently that won’t stop the monopoly from trying to trick them into thinking it is a negative.”