That’s right, Virginia’s chief public health official, Colin Greene, is racist and bonkers. He was, of course, appointed by Youngkin. Check it out. Also, GREAT reporting by the WaPo’s Jenna Portnoy on this one! By the way, as horrible as Greene is, at least he says his odious/noxious views out loud, unlike Youngkin, who dishonestly pretends to be a genial, sweater-vest-wearing suburban basketball dad and nice guy.
- “The head of the office that helps vulnerable mothers and their babies said a run-in with Greene left her and her team traumatized, ashamed and uncertain the programs they shepherded through a pandemic could continue under the new administration. She said he gaslighted staffers and reduced one to tears.”
- “Greene’s philosophical opposition to considering racism as a scientific variable in public health runs counter to a groundswell of experts embracing the need to confront root causes of health disparities, while the nation grapples with a legacy of racist policies.“
- Greene: “If you say racism, you’re blaming White people.”
- Greene: “When people use the term ‘gun violence,’ I have a problem with that one, too. … Gun violence is, frankly, a Democratic talking point.”
- “In a recent interview, Greene expanded on his views, saying he associates the word racism with overt displays of violence, such as, ‘fire hoses, police dogs and Alabama sheriffs.'”