Home Budget, Economy Rename Tax Day: Call it “95% of Americans Celebrate Day”

Rename Tax Day: Call it “95% of Americans Celebrate Day”

335
29
SHARE

Teabaggers, listen up.  It’s not usually how you roll, but there is always a first time.  If you pay attention at last, you’re in for a shock. You are celebrating with the wrong side.  The sad thing is you don’t even know it.  Even generally conservative blogs such as Bacon’s Rebellion have it correct.  But not the rest of you.  You should be celebrating that 95% of Americans got a tax break this year.  That’s right, our taxes were cut. And there you go again, carrying on for nothing.  

Both our paychecks were reduced each week and the tables were reduced to allow further savings come tax Day (er, Celebrate with the 95% Day). So, celebrate, unless, that is you care more about the other 5%–or unless you prefer to serve as a useful pawn for Dick Armey, Peter Peterson and the big moneyed interests feeding their astro-turf groups.)

It’s sad, really. Instead of working for your own, most Americans’, and the country’s interest, you work on behalf of Armey and Peterson (and the corporations who love them. What did they ever do for you, really? How does it feel to be ditto-heads in the Dick Armey and Peterson campaign to undermine your own financial security so corporate execs will be even richer.  Is that a cause to believe in?  Is it?

And, no you are not real Tea Partiers.  The original Tea Parties hold little similarity to your groups.  They were not against taxes.  They were opposed to taxation without representation. But what’s a little revisionism?  

I call your attention to another diary on this site here. How’s that for irony guys?  Mickey D. is raising taxes.  And he’s doing it in a very sneaky way.  Kind of a paradigm buster, isn’t it? Obama cut taxes for 95% of Americans.  And Bob McDonnell is going to raise them on the least well off (about the lower half of the economic scale).  WOW!  What a perfect metaphor for the differences between the two parties!.  

  • Teddy Goodson

    a short announcement to this effect on WTOP today. Will wonders never cease! Of course, I also heard about Tea Partyers at another of their rallies, accompanied by Palin’s really shrill voice. Pity they waste their whines on untruths and distortions when there is so much else they could be working on that really needs attention.

    Where was the demonstration of the 95 percent?

  • KathyinBlacksburg

    49% of Americans pay no taxes.  And yet some of them are yelping about taxes.  Some of them yelp about government programs, but are on Social Security and Medicare.  Some of them even yelp about government intruding into their lives and then they want the sex police in our bedrooms.  And some yelp about programs launched by Bush (whom they voted for).  Go figure.

  • jack

    The problem is there’s representation without taxation.

    Then nearly have the country doesn’t pay taxes, they naturally want more government programs, because it’s coming out of someone else’s pocket.

  • Not to help tea partiers out but every time you say that “49% of Americans don’t pay taxes” you aren’t doing yourself any favors. Because while we can break that down to what it might actually mean (49% of Americans pay no federal income tax) that isn’t what people hear or understand. So they will ALWAYS assume you are talking about some other person. Because most people don’t break down sales tax, state tax, personal property tax, school tax, etc. They simply say “taxes”.  And everybody pays them in some way.  

  • TomPaine

    Republican (teabagger) mis-informationn and dis-information troll!