Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-10th) might make the occasional feint at a “moderate” vote now and again – mostly on local issues – but don’t be fooled for a second (also note that she votes 93% with her party). To the stark contrary, Comstock is as hard-right-wing as they come. Need evidence of Comstock’s extremism? Check out a few of the loons who endorsed her the last time she ran for Congress and others who are big fans of hers and judge for yourself.
- Donald Trump: See Donald Trump’s a fan of Barbara Comstock and her bold leadership!”
- Far-right-wing TV and radio demagogue Sean Hannity: “Barbara Comstock is a solid and reliable conservative. I’ve known her for many years. She’d make a great member of Congress. I am happy to join other conservatives and proudly endorse her candidacy.” To put that quote in context, a bit information on Hannity might be in order. With that in mind, see Does Barbara Comstock Agree with Sean Hannity That…. (Obama’s a supposedly secret Muslim, that torture is great, that climate change isn’t real, etc, etc.). Also see Barbara Comstock’s Bigoted Pal Sean Hannity: Bob Bergdahl Made “Muslim Victory Call” In Rose Garden. There’s lots, lots more where that came from.
- Far-right-wing hate radio host Mark Levin: For more on this piece of work, see Ken Cuccinelli to Rally Tuesday with Right-Wing Hate Radio Host, Conservative radio host Mark Levin: Purge ‘all the cockroaches’ from the GOP, Mark Levin: “Why Would We End Racial Profiling For Law Enforcement Purposes? Are We All Supposed To Be Helen Keller?”, Levin: “It’s not the National Organization of Liberal Women. It’s the National Organization of Ugly Women”, Levin Attacks Christie For Meeting With Obama: “Same-Sex Politicians” Getting Together To “Check Out The Jersey Shore”, and much much more.
- Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich: This guy has decades of extremism under his belt, such as the infamous, 1994 “Contract ON America.” Just a few recent articles you might want to check out include: Nationalists’ Dream Veep; Will Donald Trump Pick Fellow Conspiracy Theorist Newt Gingrich For VP?, Newt Gingrich: Immigrants Could Be Bringing Ebola Across The Southern Border, THE CORNER THE ONE AND ONLY. Estonia, Newt Gingrich and Strategery, etc.
- Former Senator Rick Santorum: This loon announced proudly that he had “joined Barbara Comstock at a fundraiser,” praising her for having “worked tirelessly for the Republican Party over her career.” For more on Santorum, see 10 Outrageous Things Rick Santorum Has Said and Santorum: SCOTUS Gay Marriage Ruling Proves ‘Man On Dog’ Warning Was Accurate and… /li>
- Brent Bozell, Founder and President of the Media Research Center: For more on this exremist, see Comstock Endorsed by Far-Right-Wing Bigot Who Called Obama a “Skinny, Ghetto Crackhead”
- Former Governor of Virginia and former US Senator George Allen. We’re almost at the 10-year anniversary of Allen’s racist “macaca” outburst. Need I say more?
- Leadership Institute president Morton Blackwell – see the Right Wing Watch page on this guy.
- UN Ambassador John Bolton: This guy’s a warmonger who wrote an op-ed in the New York Times advocating for bombing Iran. Bolton is also a Benghazeeeee conspiracy theorist and has vowed to never let the (non-)issue go away. Perhaps not surprisingly given what we know about him, Bolton’s also a raving anti-Muslim bigot (see Romney Adviser John Bolton Warns the Obama Administration might ‘Reinstitute Blasphemy Laws’ and Romney Adviser John Bolton Defends Michele Bachmann’s Anti-Muslim Witch HuntK, for instance).
- Penny Nance, President Concerned Women for America: For more on Nance, see Barbara Comstock to Attend Fundraiser With “Age of Reason Led to Holocaust” Extremist. Also see 10 Things You Should Know About Concerned Women for America.
- Jane Abraham, President Susan B. Anthony List: What is the Susan B. Anthony list? Well, for starters, it “has a long history of waging war on women’s rights and healthcare, from their support of radical ‘personhood’ legislation to their fight to ban access to abortion in all cases – including rape, incest, and danger to the life of the mother.” They also defended (e.g., ran a TV ad) Indiana Republican U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock after his comments about pregnancies resulting from rape being a “gift from god,” and stood by Missouri Republican U.S. Senate candidate Todd Akin after his “legitimate rape” comments.
- Citizen’s United Political Victory Fund: See The People Who Conditioned You to Hate Hillary, Part II: Citizens United
- Tim Phillips, president of Americans for Prosperity: According to SourceWatch, AfP is ” is a right-wing political advocacy group founded by billionaire brothers David and Charles Koch.” Among other things, this group sponsored “a hot air balloon cross-country tour with the slogan, ‘Global Warming Alarmism: Lost Jobs, Higher Taxes, Less Freedom.'”
Any further questions about Comstock? Fortunately, Democrats have an excellent alternative this year – businesswoman, mom, philanthropist, clean energy advocate, etc. LuAnn Bennett. To put it mildly, electing Bennett would represent an enormous upgrade over Comstock…not to mention over Comstock’s long list of extreme, bigoted, downright crazy political allies. Go LuAnn!