I haven’t seen the “Whipple Clips” yet this morning, so I’m proceeding with my own Saturday Virginia News Headlines.
1. Virginia officials scramble to restore funding for charities
2. McDonnell’s transportation plan: A page from the subprime playbook?
3. Senators, governor’s office negotiating on redistricting plan
4. Basketball coach Jim Larranaga’s departure a blow to George Mason, on and off the court
5. House Republicans urge McDonnell to sign redistricting bill
6. Mark Warner says federal spending is near all-time high, relative to GDP (and “government revenue is close to an all-time low at 15 percent of gross domestic product”)
7. Cantor: “Not Seeing Anything Real Out of the President.”
8. McDonnell says Trump brings “straight talk”
9. Kaine loves crabs, needs money
10. Challenger to Goodlatte labels GOP ‘destructive’
11. Republican challenger for the 6th congressional district
12. The facts favor an aboveground Metro station at Dulles
P.S. Also, here’s President Obama’s weekly address, “Stopping Oil Market Fraud, Beginning a Clean Energy Future.”