A while back, I posted this concerning what progressives believe:
What do progressives believe in?
• Moving forward, not backward.
• The right to pursue life, liberty and
the pursuit of happiness
• Equality before the law.
• Everyone (including the rich
and corporations) paying their fair share.
• The right to a job (and protection
from off-shoring) in exchange for
a willingness to work.
• Government has a role to play
in solving intractable problems.
• Free public education is every
• Affordable health care is a
necessity, not a luxury.
• Protection of Social Security
• Protection of water, air and
other essential resources.
• Sound and honest stewardship of
our economic resources and budgets.
• Protecting citizens/consumers
against corporate abuse and lack
of good faith.
• Government should get out of
the bedrooms and personal
relationships of Americans.
• War is the last resort, not the first.
• The golden rule.
• We are our brother’s keeper.
To that I’d add:
* Putting Americans before partisan advantage.
* Protection of the right to vote.
*Protection of the integrity of our financial systems.
* Fundamental homeland security depends upon protecting citizens against the ravages of global warming
* Workers have every right to organize.
* Balancing the needs of persons and corporations.
* In matters of health and safety, putting people first.