The Virginia Grassroots Coalition press call a few minutes ago (see video, below) highlighted legislative priorities for the 2021 Virginia General Assembly session. According to a press release from the Coalition (“formed in April 2017…made up of more than 50 Indivisible, Swing Left, Huddle, Our Revolution, and other groups”):
- Promote fairness and transparency in our elections and politics.
- Create environmentally healthy communities and protect against the impact of climate change.
- Make Virginia safer and healthier for all, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Promote equity, support our workforce, and advance the rights of all Virginia residents.
- Del. Mark Levine patron of a bill on the National Popular Vote
- Sen. Boysko patron of a bill on Paid Family Medical Leave
- Del. Guzman patron of a bill on Paid Sick Leave
- Del. Rasoul patron of a bill on Local Food and Farm Infrastructure
- Del. Bagby, patron of a bill on Advanced Clean Car Standards
- Del. Samirah, patron of a bill on Campaign Finance Reform
- Luisa Boyarski, leader of the Virginia Grassroots Coalition, and other coalition representatives
There’s lots of great stuff in here; hopefully, the General Assembly will pass a bunch of it!