Since Sarah Huckabee Sanders has just endorsed Pete Snyder for governor of Virginia (see below for Snyder’s press release), here’s a quick reminder of who Huckabee Sanders is:
- Denying knowledge of Trump’s in-office hush-money payoffs, despite the fact that Trump himself admitted to them;
- Claiming that Trump had created far more jobs for African Americans than Obama, when, in reality, Obama created four times as many as Trump;
- Insisting, with a straight face, that her boss had never “promoted or encouraged violence,” seemingly forgetting the time Trump told supporters at a rally, of a protester who’d been ejected, “I’d like to punch him in the face”; or the time he told a crowd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, “If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, okay. Just knock the hell—I promise you I will pay for the legal fees, I promise”; or the time he openly fantasized about “Second Amendment people” preventing the appointment of liberal judges; or the time he instructed police officers to knock suspects’ heads against the side of their squad cars.
- Smearing the many, many women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment or assault and claiming they are the liars;
- And, of course who could forget the time she created an elaborate yarn about how she’d heard from “countless…individuals who work at the FBI who said they were very happy” with Trump’s decision to fire James Comey, in an attempt to make the story that the firing was all about agency morale stick, and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Russia investigation. Which, of course, she admitted was a total lie during her interview with Special Counsel Robert Mueller. She subsequently doubled down, telling George Stephanopoulos that she only admitted to lying about hearing from “countless” people, before shifting the focus to Comey, who she described as a “disgraced leaker” and a “dirty cop.”
Also see Tweets, lies and the Mueller report: Sarah Sanders’ lowest moments (“Few aides have been as willing to step out in front of the world’s media and defend Trump, no matter what he has said or done”); 9 Times Sarah Sanders Straight-Up Lied to the Press (“Sanders’ relationship with the press was contentious at best and confrontational at worst.”); Sarah Sanders keeps digging herself in deeper after Mueller showed she lied (“The press secretary is now lying about lies.”); etc. As for her endorsement of Pete Snyder for Governor of Virginia, it’s of course appalling, but even worse is that in today’s extremist Trump GOP(Q), an endorsement from this Trump enabler and lying liar (including about lying itself) will probably give Snyder a nice boost.