What do you think?
Here is his response to my email.
I am not against the Muslims or Mosques or any other group or religious temple or icon. I am however, against allowing the building of a 13 story, 100 million dollar mosque 600 feet from ground zero.
1) Ground Zero is sacred ground to all Americans.
2) When New York was attacked on that day, that attack was on every American. We wept as one, we mourned as one, we were united as one regardless of our political affiliation.
3) Muslems build mosques to represent Islamic supremacy over their enemy.
a. The Muslim world operates on symbols.
b. They have built the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem on top of the Jewish temple to represent the Islamic supremacy over Judaism.
c. The Ummayyad Mosque in Syria is built on top of St. John the Baptist.
d. Hajja Sophia in Constantinople was converted into a mosque to show Islamic supremacy over Christianity.
e. In India there are over 2,000 mosques built over Hindu temples to show the Islamic supremacy over Hinduism.
4) The name of the project in New York is the Cordoba initiative. Cordoba was the name of the seat of power of the Islamic empire in Spain when Islam ruled most of the earth's surface. The name was not chosen by accident especially knowing the history of the connection of Imam Faisal who is heading this project with the Muslims Brotherhood organization.
5) They are having their Grand opening on September 11th, 2011. This lack of sensitivity and respect, is a slap in the face of every man, woman and child in America. While Muslims lecture us "Americans" about being sensitive, this gesture of building a mosque at ground zero is the pinnacle of disrespect and sensitivity to the families of the 9/11 victims.
6) The Imam of the mosque is a great advocate for Sharia law, the same Islamic law that the 9/11 terrorists used as their justification for the murder of almost 3,000 innocent Americans.
7) Cordoba house mosque will be a victory shrine at ground zero build on the ashes of 997 Americans whom we haven't recovered and whose remains never been found.
8) It is the duty of every American to stand up with respect with the families of 9/11 and do whatever we can to honor the memory of those loved ones they lost. It is also my duty as a man who once wore the military uniform to do everything I can to honor and serve my country and insure that America's head stands high for as long as I shall live and that I will fight and defend her and her honor from those who wish to do her harm.
I am not against building a Mosque because it is a mosque. What makes our country great is the freedom to come here and build a synagogue, a temple, a church or a mosque. People come to America for religious freedom and our constitution gives them the right to do so. However, I am against building a mosque at ground zero out of respect to my country, and the men and women and their loved ones who died on that day.
Again, his contact info is:
Please let me know if you get a response as well.
Councilman Bill DeSteph
WVEC TV 13
757-625-1313 - phone
757-628-5855 - fax
BTW, if someone knows how to capture the video from WVEC.COM and post it to this, please feel free.