Believe it or not, this guy (Scott Pio) is an actual, honest-to-goodness VA GOP nominee for House of Delegates, running against Del. David Reid (D-HD32) in Loudoun County. See below for the latest from Pio, including:
- “I’m curious, do you think the sea level would lower, if we just took all the boats out of the water?”
- “When you take things out of bath water, the bath water decreases, does it not?”
- He claims it’s “hate” to make fun of him for his absurd comments, and to ask, when other people stopped believing in “pure physics” or “science experiments.”
What else does this guy believe? According to his website:
- “I am pro-life at conception.” (Which means he’s against abortion in all cases, as well as embryonic stem cell research and certain types of contraception)
- “As a father of two girls, I cannot fathom my daughter having to dress, shower, or change in front of a boy. ” (Translation: he’s virulently hostile to transgender kids)
- “Critical Race Theory should disappear” (Which is bizarre; he wants an academic theory which is not taught in Virginia public schools to “disappear?” Alrighty…)
- He appears to believe that there should be no restrictions on guns.
- He wants to get rid of the state income tax and replace it with “a consumption tax that will only tax purchases” (That would be massively regressive, as a consumption tax disproportionately hits low-income people, while a progressive income tax is far, FAR fairer)
- He also wants to completely remove the car tax, which combined with ditching the income tax, would largely defund Virginia government – including police, education, etc. – given that Virginia “tax revenues include $31.5 billion from individual income taxes and $5.9 billion from motor vehicle and highway taxes.”
The scary thing is, this guy’s not an outlier for today’s Republican Party – the party of Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Lauren Boebert, Bob Good, Ken Cuccinelli, Glenn Youngkin, Winsome Sears, Jason Miyares, etc. Which means, of course, that we’d better not let these people take power, here in Virginia or nationally, unless/until their entire party fundamentally changes back to sanity and actual, conservative principles, not extremist lunacy.