As Sam Shirazi correctly points out, the “first poll about Virginia’s new era by @ppppolls” shows “Youngkin is barely above water which is not great for honeymoon period.” See here for the full poll, and below for highlights, including:
- Youngkin’s at just 44%-42% approval, with his support overwhelmingly positive (90%-2%) among Trump voters and overwhelmingly negative (6%-74%) among Biden voters.
- Youngkin’s approval ratings aren’t much different among parents of school-age children (43%-45%) and those who are not parents of school-age children (44%-40%).
- For comparison, Ralph Northam’s approval rating was at 44%-26% as of April 2018, and at 59%-24% as of December 2018.
- “When it comes to Youngkin’s job performance specifically on the issue of the coronavirus, the Governor’s approval is already underwater (44-47), while voters disagree with his opposition to measures to slow the virus’ spread.”
- “By a 15-point margin (55-40), voters disagree with Youngkin’s executive order to remove the mask requirement in public schools.”
- “By an 8-point margin (52-44), voters disagree with Youngkin’s day one executive order removing the vaccine requirement for state employees, like those at public
colleges and universities.”
- “By a 25-point margin (60-35), voters support the use of mask mandates, including 60-points (80-20) with Latino voters, 68-points (84-16) with African American voters and 27-points (60-33) with voters over 65.”
- “By a 16-point margin (55-39), voters support the use of vaccine mandates, including 47-points (71-24) with Latino voters, 41-points (65-24) with African American voters and 26-points (60-34) with voters over 65.”