Compare and contrast the IPSOS/UVA poll to this new poll by Quinnipiac University:
- 48 percent of Virginia voters say Gov. Ralph Northam should not resign, as 42 percent say he should step down”
- “Voters are divided 36–36 percent on whether Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax should resign, but say 54–24 percent he should not be impeached“
- “Attorney General Mark Herring should not resign, Virginia voters say 54–22 percent, and say 63–16 percent he should not be impeached“
- “Virginia voters give Gov. Northam a negative 39–44 percent approval rating, down from a positive 49–25 percent approval in a June 26, 2018 Quinnipiac University poll. There is a wide racial gap as black voters approve 49–24 percent, while white voters disapprove 50–36 percent.”
- “Black voters say 56–31 percent that Northam should not resign, with white voters split 46–46 percent.”
- Dems approve of Northam 59%-25%.
- “Northam is not a racist, Virginia voters say 62–21 percent, with little difference between black and white voters”
- “Only 12 percent of Virginia voters believe Lt. Gov. Fairfax’s denial of accusations of sexual assault, while 37 percent believe his two accusers, with 51 percent undecided” (41% of Dems believe Tyson and Watson, 18% of Dems believe Fairfax)
- “Fairfax gets a negative 11–36 percent favorability rating” (Dems 15%-29%, Rs 5%-47%)
- “Virginia voters disapprove 59–36 percent of the job President Donald Trump is doing.”
- “Voters approve 55–35 percent of the job U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine is doing and approve 51 – 31 percent of the job U.S. Sen. Mark Warner is doing.”
- “Virginia voters agree 66–27 percent with the U.S. Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision and support 58–31 percent abortion in the third trimester if a doctor determines the mother’s health is at risk.”
- 81% of Dems think prejudice against black people is a serious problem in Virginia vs. only 35% of Republicans.
There's no paywall on Blue Virginia, and we definitely want to keep it that way! If you want to help support our work, you can donate here - thanks!
Also, you can sign up for our weekly email list here