As we’ve seen in recent months, Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Pete Snyder has gone hard right this campaign, apparently willing to say *anything* to get elected – and certainly not to get outflanked from the far right by Amanda Chase. For instance, see:
- Video: VA GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Pete Snyder Vows to “beat up the Democrats, make them black and blue”
- VA GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Pete Snyder “Honored” To Be Endorsed by “Real Loony Toon,” Seditionist, COVID Denier, Homophobe, etc. Bob Good
- Video: Like Clockwork, VA GOP Governor’s Contest Starts Nasty, Xenophobic, False, Trump/Cuccinelli-Style Immigrant Bashing (ete Snyder attacks “sanctuary cities,” “open borders,” etc, etc.)
- Right-Wing VA GOP Gov Candidate Pete Snyder Rails on Loudoun County Public Schools For Supposedly “Canceling” Dr. Seuss. Except…It’s Not True, Of Course.
- Snyder says he won’t stand for his daughter getting cut from her lacrosse team b/c of “someone who two weeks ago used to be a dude”
Now, check out Snyder’s new ad, which doesn’t even hint at any centrism or moderation, but goes all-out in the hard-right, pro-Trump direction. According to this ad, “outsider businessman” Trump beat the “dishonest media” in 2016, and now Pete Snyder is the “law-and-order conservative” who is “pro-life, pro-gun, pro-Trump” and – are is this awesome or what? – “endorsed by Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the leaders of Trump’s immigration team.” So that’s where the VA GOP electorate is at right now, and what Snyder is pandering to. Just remember, in November, vote Democratic…the state you save from Snyder et al could very well be your own!