The following endorsement – of 2021 Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Del. Kirk Cox, by former Gov. Bob McDonnell – doesn’t seem like anything you’d want to brag about, given that Bob McDonnell is…well, see the following links. Of course, Cox was also just busy bragging that he was endorsed by former Sen. George Allen, infamous for his racist “macaca” comments. As Allen himself likes to say, “You can tell a lot about people by the folks they stand with.” You sure can…you sure can.
- Robert McDonnell gets freedom from jail — but not from disgrace (“For Mr. McDonnell, the case’s final disposition means freedom from jail, but not from the political oblivion he so richly deserves. Apologists for the former governor are already blaming prosecutors for ruining his life and are declaring him blameless. In fact, he brought his travails on himself, and, whether or not his conduct met the narrow legal definition of illegality, his atrocious judgment was inexcusable.”)
- Virginia’s Ex-Governor Is Now a Felon (“Former Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell was going to emerge from his bribery and corruption trial as either a convicted felon or a clueless, neglectful husband who didn’t realize a rich political donor was lavishing expensive, illegal gifts on his out-of-control wife. Either way, his political future was doomed. This afternoon a jury decided it: convicted felon.”)
- Former Virginia Governor Found Guilty of 11 Corruption Charges
- Bob McDonnell: “I am deeply sorry for the embarassment…I brought upon my beloved Virginia”
- Bob McDonnell must resign his post as governor of Virginia amid new evidence of his guilt
- Governor McDonnell’s Daily Schedule: Sponsored by Star Scientific