See below for just a sampling, from the past few days, of Virginia Republican extremism.
- First, here are some photos of an event featuring far-right Rep. Louie Gohmert (R) of Texas (aka, “America’s craziest and dumbest Congressman“) in support of extremist/seditionist/bigot Rep. Bob Good (R-VA05), and also featuring good ol’ VA State Senator Amanda Chase (see Video: At Mar-a-Lago, Former President Trump Says Amanda Chase Has “Done a Great Job,” Pledges to “Be With [Chase]” in Her “Next Campaign”; Video: Campaigning For Extreme Candidate in FL, Amanda Chase Argues Trump “Is Now” President, Spews Out COVID Misinformation, etc.; Video: Leading Up to Censure Vote, Sen. Amanda Chase’s Republican Colleagues Stand Up – One After Another – and Excoriate Her, Urge Her to Seek Help [UPDATED: Senate Votes 24-9 For Censure]; etc.).
- Next, here’s some of the latest from the Republican nomination contest in VA07 (for a rundown of that race, see How Far Right Are the VA07 Republican Candidates? Who Might Be the Toughest/Weakest Opponent for Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D) in November?). For instance, check out Republican VA07 candidate Yesli Vega holding an event with “neo-Confederate Corey” Stewart (for more on him, see Video: 2018 VA GOP U.S. Senate Nominee Equates “Antifa” with Black Lives Matter; Compares Those Who Take Down Confederate Monuments to “Taliban,” Maoist China; Neo-Confederate Corey’s Recent Facebook Posts Highlight Cult-of-Trump’s Dark Obsessions; So Much for the WaPo’s Idiotic Corey Stewart “Rebrand” Narrative: “Pepe the Frog”/#Qanon Retweet Edition; Council on American-Islamic Relations Calls on Prince William County Board to Rebuke Corey Stewart’s Anti-Muslim “Far Left ISIS Commie” Slur; etc.) and Ken Cuccinelli (see Cuccinelli Compares Immigrants to Rats; Video: Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Rips “Immigration Hardline Ideologue” Ken Cuccinelli for Having ZERO Expertise to Deal with Coronavirus; SPLC-Designated “Hate Group” Pushes Hard for Ken Cuccinelli as New Secretary of Homeland Security; etc.).
- Another VA07 Republican candidate, State Senator Bryce Reeves (see Video: Unhinged Ad by VA State Sen. Bryce Reeves (R) Shows, Among Other Things, That Facebook Continues to Allow Wild Lies On Its Platform, Audio: Republican Virginia State Sen. Bryce Reeves Makes Sexist Comments About Democrat Amy Laufer , etc.) was represented at a forum in Prince William County by far-right Del. Nick Freitas (see Video: 2020 VA-07 GOP Congressional Nominee Nick Freitas Falsely Claimed “It’s Definitely More Difficult” For Women to Get Pregnant From Rape, Video: Nearly Three Months After Election Day, Nick Freitas (R) Finally Concedes That He Lost to Rep. Abigail Spanberger (R-VA07), Nick Freitas’ Closing Message: I Voted Against Kids with Autism, and I’d Do it Again, MISSING PAPERWORK: What Nick Freitas Needs to Answer for in the Final Week of His Campaign, etc.).
- Now, check out VA10 Republican candidate Jeanine Lawson (see Video: Two Republican Prince William County Board Members Freak Out, Walk Out When Joint Meeting with School Board Turns to Subject of “Implicit Bias”, Video: Prince William County Supervisor Has No Idea Who the Great African-American Sociologist, Civil Rights Activist, Writer, etc. W.E.B. DuBois Was, etc.) fighting against any gun laws at all, and also for a total ban on abortion (as well as embryonic stem cell research, certain forms of contraception, etc.).
- Here’s VA02 Republican candidate Jarome Bell being endorsed by one of the most extreme people in America, Ted Nugent, who believes that Donald Trump was “sent here by god.”
- And here’s Rep. Rob Wittman (R-VA01) – an insurrectionist who pushed to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election (see Several VA01 Dem Committees Request That Speaker Pelosi Move to Expel Rep. Rob Wittman (R-VA01) For His “repeated actions in furtherance of the overthrow of the lawful government of the United States”), campaigning for VA State Senator Siobhan Dunnvant (see Audio: At Fundraiser in May 2019, Sen. Siobhan Dunnavant (R) – Who Just Voted for 20-Week Abortion Ban – Discusses Her Convoluted, Self-Contradictory, Factually Incorrect Views on This Topic). Great stuff, huh?
Dumbfounded that @JasonMiyaresVA thinks its ok for the government to shoot unarmed crime victims 4 times in the head when he’s supposedly focused on violent crime, gun crime, being the “new sheriff in town” & VA’s “Chief Crime Fighter” @SteveDescano pic.twitter.com/kxYFqnnpV1
— 🇺🇦Senator Scott Surovell 🇺🇦 (@ssurovell) April 23, 2022